Thursday, January 02, 2020

[Review] Wok 2 Walk customizable noodles

Wok 2 Walk is a popular noodle joint that is available in other countries as well as UK.
There are a lot of branches in Central London that attract lots of customers.

I was attracted to Wok 2 Walk because of the flexibility and choices.
You get to choose your noodle, ingredients and sauce.

Went to the branch on Great Windmill Street because there are a few seats to sit down by the window.
The kitchen looks like a noodle truck.












Sadly the menu has slightly changed and they don't offer Bacon as one of the ingredient choices but the other choices were also good.

The menu:

Basically, you choose a noodle, grains or vegetable mix as your base, then up to four ingredients and then the sauce.
I chose the egg noodles with prawns and mushrooms in a Szechuan Sauce.

The noodles came piping hot in a cute cardboard box just like the Chinese takeouts you get in the US.

Overall, it was quite nice especially the mushroom slices which were semi raw and reminded me of salads while the prawns were bouncy.





The taste of the noodles really depend on the sauce but unfortunately the Szechuan Sauce I chose was too sweet for my liking so I didn't like it.
I would probably have liked it if I had chosen a sauce that was not so sweet so next time I will go for the SEOUL which is soy and ginger.
There are also sachets of soy and chili sauce at the condiments bar if you find the seasoning is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...