Thursday, February 20, 2020

[Restaurant Review] Surrey Cafe Croydon

Went to Surrey Cafe twice because I really enjoyed the food.
I am always trying different places for English Breakfast to see how they are.


As well as Breakfast, they have burgers, Pukka Pies and other homemade dishes.
The staff here are wonderful and friendly.




On the first visit, just had a sausage and egg.
When it came, it was egg and bacon, although it was not what I ordered, the bacon was trimmed and looked good.

But anyway, the sausage and egg I had was perfect so came back again for more because I found out that they use my favourite St Nicholas Baked Beans which are more savoury in taste.

A few days later, I was back for the breakfast.
As you can imagine, it was very hard to make up my mind so had the Set 1 Breakfasts which includes beans, sausage, egg, bacon and 2 slices of toast with tea.

The buttered toast was so good because it was buttered with real butter and having two slices was very satisfying. In a way I regretted not getting the bigger breakfast which comes with bubble.
Also went with a friend and he had Tuna Salad:



Revisited and had the bubble and also some roast potatoes.
The bubble was the best I've had compared to other greasy spoons because it was non greasy.
As for the roasties, they were a bit pricey but then I didn't check the price before randomly ordering something that was not on the menu!
I knew it was a bit fishy when I got a separate mug of gravy.




Surrey Cafe Croydon:
35 Surrey Street


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...