Sunday, February 09, 2020

[Review] Tasty Fried Chicken at McDonalds Hong Kong

I love Fried chicken but it is really difficult to get fried chicken to my liking in Hong Kong. There are countless options for fried chicken with the introduction of Korean Fried chicken a few years ago, but they are not to my liking because they are often coated with weird dressings and the quality of chicken is not good either.
The KFC in Hong Kong uses a different recipe to UK which is too crunchy as well as bad chicken inside.
Jollibee was good but now the coating has also been modified so that it is crunchy.

Anyway, McDonalds is now finally serving fried chicken just like McDonalds in Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore where chicken is wanted by popular demand.
I would love to try the McDonalds in the Philippines because they have chicken gravy just like the KFC in UK.

In Hong Kong, the fried chicken a la carte at McDonalds varies from HKD31-HKD34.5 depending on location.

There are two pieces per portion and the chicken is decent in size compared to the anorexic chicken at KFC!!

Taking a bite, the coating was to my liking, not too crunchy or soft with a good thickness.
The chicken was succulent and moist which was extremely satisfying, however the only complaint was the spices .
I didn't expect it to be spicy.
The chicken thigh oozed out some liquid which is most probably the frozen liquid that melted when it was fried.

Anyway, the chicken thigh turned out to be a surprise because it was convenient to eat in the sense that it only had one bone.
I would definitely eat it again but I am allergic to the spices in the coating so I won't be eating it that frequently.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...