Wednesday, February 05, 2020

[Review] Second visit to Padella

Pastas restaurants are trending especially when they specialize in freshly made pasta of all shapes and sizes cooked in different ways.

There are many notable pastas restaurants out there like Bancone but Padella is different as it is affordable.
It is located next to Borough Market in the heart of a food market!


Padella is so successful that they have just opened another branch at Shoreditch on Phipp Street.
In the meantime, get there early as there are always queues of people!

The menu is simple and concise.

My choices were easy,  as I have already tried the Gnocchi and tagliarini with anchovy butter, the Parpadelle and Stracci were my picks!

There was salt and pepper available but the pasta was tasty so it was not needed.
Water was also provided.

Stracci with Sweet onion, thyme and gorgonzola fonduta:


Started with the Stracci which unfortunately wasn't very hot but as I was really hungry I demolished it quickly.
The onions and thyme flavoured it nicely.
Luckily, I gave this another try and it was amazing because you can really taste the gorgonzola blue cheese and get that mouthfeel from the stracci which was a bit elastic.

Pappardelle with fennel sausages & peppercorn ragu:

The pappardelle with fennel sausages was also good because the herb and sausage meat tasted like the sausage meat you get at pizza hut.
On another visit, I had the Fettucine with chicken livers, marsala and sage.
I would completely blown away by how delicious this was. It reminded me of chicken liver pate which is smooth and velvety.
It was similar to that but with a creamy consistency with fettucine tossed in.
Overall, I would really recommend this pasta.


On another visit, I finally tried the dorset crab pasta and was impressed because there is literally no shell fragments in it as well as being delicious.
The visit for Cavatelli with cavolo nero & new season 2023 olive oil was not cold.
The texture of the Cavatelli was too firm and chewy for my liking.
Food is always slow and cold when they seat you downstairs so next time I will only dine there if I am seated on the ground floor.




Desserts at Padella.

Will definitely visit the new branch of Padella and see how it fares!
Gnocchi and Tagliarini at Padella (First visit)

Michelin Status as of 2020: Bib Gourmand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...