Monday, September 21, 2020

Manzes Pie And Mash Shop Sutton review

M.Manze is a must visit for pie mash!
There are three branches of Manzes but since Peckham was far away and there are too many distractions in London so I went to Sutton.
As a foodie I am trying to dine at all the pie and mash shops in London because I just love pie and mash.

Pie and mash originates from East London where they serve Pie, mash and eel.
On this visit, I just had the pie mash so next time I shall return for the jellied eels because I am addicted to the jelly which is heaven when you put lashings of vinegar and pepper on it.

As I was late due to the traffic I only had a pie and liquor to be quick.
Normally I have the regular beef pie but since they had the vegan soya mince version I decided to have that instead because not all pie mash shops have a vegetarian version.

Adding salt, white pepper and chili vinegar makes the pie really moreish because it makes the pastry more flavourful.
The white pepper really takes it to the next level when it is mixed with the liquor and vinegar.
Although the soya mince doesn't have much flavour but once you add the condiments everything goes together perfectly.
I am so glad that pie mash is one of the things that is traditionally served with white pepper because chefs don't use white pepper these days, they all use black pepper which is so different.
Black pepper is nice but white pepper shouldn't be forgotten just like delicious pie mash.
The only thing I didn't like were the plants with deliveroo on it because it just ruined the traditional appearance of Manze.
I understand they deliver for them but perhaps they are too modern and just don't look good together.























 
Photos of my earlier visit when it was not open.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...