Sunday, April 02, 2023

Berlin Strasse from Gdk - German Doner Kebab

To be honest, I got a doner craving again Thanks to the free doner at Doner Shack which I was too lazy to go despite having a whole week to redeem it.
I satisfied my doner craving at GDK mainly because their beef doners are really tasty and I haven't eaten there for a year at least.
This time I went for the Berlin Strasse which is doner meats, fries, onions and tomatoes wrapped in a lahmacun (turkish flatbread topped with minced beef, spices, lemon juice and parsley.
When I got my order, I couldn't help unwrapping it to see the lahmacun with minced beef and all that.
Taking a bite, the Berlin Strasse was seriously satisfying, I loved the texture of the wrap which is similar to the English pancake but slightly firmer with a chew yet still soft.
The minced beef with lemon juice and parsley on the wrap definitely took it to the next level with all the flavours and then you have the star of the show, the beef doner meat which is tasty without being too salty.
The best thing is that their beef doner meat is not gritty like some other places.
Last but not least, the onions always make it complete however the tomatoes they had that day were rather starchy so it did not add much in terms of flavour nor did it make it soggy.
Overall, I would really recommend the Berlin Strasse and in particular their beef doner meats.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...