Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Smoked eel sandwich at Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis has been around for years but somehow I only recently stumbled upon it after dining nearby.
I believe that Barrafina steals the show which makes Quo Vadis easily missed.
Anyway, I was captivated by their fine menu while I was walking past so took a quick browse and was drawn to the smoked eel sandwich!
It turns out there is so much history to Quo Vadis, first it was a brothel house and then it was home to Karl Marx.
Quo Vadis serves a good selection of English fare by Jeremy Lee.
I love eel so had to give it a try and to be honest, apart from jellied eels, I haven't really appreciated eels properly because of the bones.
At Quo Vadis, I had a feeling the eel was going to be good and I like the way it was served.
There were four pieces of succulent eel which lets you enjoy it better and the way it was smothered in sweet horseradish but the pickled pink onions were the star of the show.
It was good that the pickled onion was served separate as it gives a nice colour to the plate and you can get to try the eel on its own.
The pickled onions definitely make the whole thing more appetizing with its lovely sharpness.
Overall, I am so glad I tried and even though there were still some bones they were more manageable than broken short bones.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...