Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Build your own poke from Island Poke

Finally tried island poke because I ran out of options.
I got the build your own poke with sushi rice, ahi tuna and smashed avocado with yuzu dressing.
I was annoyed I didn't notice the sauces by the cutlery because I would been happier with the light soy sauce as it isn't sweet like the yuzu.
They also had green sriracha.
The avocado was like guacamole so I could have done without it as I prefer pure smashed avo.
Anyway, the food was ok, the tuna could have been better because I got some annoying cuts with lots of chewy white connective tissue.
When I have my sashimi, I always avoid salmon and tuna when I visibly see connective tissue.
On a side note, the summer poke bowl with dill looks fantastic.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...