Thursday, February 01, 2024

Schiacciata flatbread from Florence

Stumbled on Dal Fiorentino which I thought was an Italian deli that has been here for years but apparently new.
There are two locations, Hoxton and Brick lane.
When I saw their Schiacciata sandwiches I couldnt stop thinking about it so had to pay it a visit.
They are priced from 5 to 8 with various choices or you can choose the fillings.
Scanning the options, clearly the Inferno was a winner with mortadella, gorgonzola, black olive paste and sun dried tomatoes.
All my favourite tasty elements in a sandwich.
I like the way they use the wooden block to cut the bread precisely.
The mortadella is sliced to order and a good quality one because there are pistachios in it.
They definitely don't skimp on it too.
Taking a bite, it was well worth my visit.
I loved that chewy yet soft fluffy bready texture and then the crisp surface.
I felt that it was more satisfying than a baguette because of the surface area/ratio of bread/crust.
Not to mention the foodgasmic filling.
Finished with the pistachio Schiaciatta for dessert.
When they were making it, there was so much slathered on, I was expecting her to stop but more was spread on.
The quality of this spread is banging, thick and nutty with a slight dryness that you get from peanut butter but didn't see what brand it was.
Again, heaven! Schiaciatta is good sweet or savoury.
To be honest, the pistachio is good enough for two if you have one side each!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...