Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Fish and chips at Maria's Fish Bar, Hoxton

Bloody delicious fish and chips.
I felt like having fish and chips so had two places in mind in that area.
The chips at Maria's looked more to my liking so went there.
It was a small shop in Hoxton which used to be Aron's or something like that.
Both fish and chips were made to order which was reassuring.
The chips did not disappoint, soft and silky inside and the fish batter was light and crisp like tempura.
What made it memorable was their home made chilli sauce which took me back to the home made chilli sauce found at fried chicken shops in Mile End that have sadly closed.
The chilli sauce was so good that I wasn't shy with it, it wasn't fiery but it was a bit like salsa.
There was a crunch which did not come from the onions but to my surprise it was CARROTS which you can not taste.
I hate carrots but I could not taste it here and the sauce was just comforting and it was good that it was not salty so it went with with fish and chips that have obviously been showered with salt and vinegar.
The salt that they use here are the sphere ones.
Anyway, will definitely return but for the tea because it was a bit milky and had some residue in it.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...