Saturday, April 06, 2024

Modern yet traditional bread and butter pudding at The Clerkenwell Kitchen

Discovered The Clerkenwell Kitchen by chance as I was in the area so went in and had a look at the menu as I needed to find a restaurant for lunch.
Mains were about £14 and there were a few that looked good.
While I was there, I spotted this bread pudding which made me dine there.
I am so glad I took a photo of the bread pudding because the presentation of that one was better the one served as the cream was not all over the place so I couldn't do the bread pudding justice.
Settled for the Chalk Stream Trout Fishcakes with Marinda Tomatoes & Tartar Sauce.
The roast chicken was tempting but then I saw a whole roasted chicken in the kitchen which means it is going to be reheated thus the fish cakes option.
The fish cakes were made to order which explains the soft texture but had a few bones.
Other than that, the whole dish was amazing and paired nicely with the tomatoes and dill dressing and tartar.
Finished with the marmalade & chocolate bread and butter pudding with cream.
When it arrived, the first thing I tried was the cream, I was really pleased it was not sweetened and it was interestingly warm.
The portion was quite big and satisfying, the best thing was that it tasted like proper bread and butter pudding with smooth egg curd here and there. 
The dark chocolate complemented the marmalade orange peel nicely.
Overall, I really recommend this place especially the desserts and it is good to see they serve proper bread and butter sides as opposed to the fancy stuff.
#ssglondon

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...