Tuesday, April 02, 2024

MISONOMI pop up wth Artist / Misonomi soup chef Mitsunori Sakano

I love rice balls (Omusubi) so when I found out about this Misonomi pop up, I had to go.
The menu is fixed with tea, candy, soup, rice ball where you get to choose the miso soup.
Unlike other miso soups, Misonomi is colourful with freeze dried ingredients served on a rice cracker canvas where all the soups were designed by Mitsunori Sakano who is an artist.
There are three choices of miso soup base: rice miso, barley miso and kelp miso paired with freeze dried ingredients.
Each soup has a unique name and theme like Spring magenta, Winter snow etc.
On their website, there is an interesting cheese and miso corn soup.
As you can imagine, it was a tough decision but in the end I tried the Pink Lagoon which has rare ingredients like white wood ears and Gagome kelp with plums for that different tangy taste.
It was definitely different in taste compared to savoury miso soup with the refreshing plum and very enjoyable with all these other ingredients.
Overall, I was so glad I tried.
Also got some soups to take home, the Lush Forest (okra and zucchini) and Green wave (dried shrimps and radish).
Both were nice but Lush Green was my favourite because I am an okra person.








Lush forest:


Green wave:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...