Sunday, April 21, 2024

New Brazilian restaurant in South Croydon

A new Brazilian restaurant just popped up in South Croydon, looking vibrant and lively so I decided to go and check out the food.
It has the usual suspects like feijoada, steaks, croquettes etc.
Since I have already tried croquettes, feijoada at other places, I ordered the coração acebolado (stir fried chicken hearts) with some rice and feijao carioca (beans).
When, the food arrived, I thought I saw a huge bowl of butter beans which turns out to be the chickens hearts.
It's not that I didn't know they were chicken hearts but I did not expect that much in a starter!
The amount of chicken hearts in there could have been a whole battery of chickens.
Visually you could could see like 30 and there are more beneath so imagine how many chickens for this dish as obviously you only get one heart per chicken.
Anyway, although these were probably frozen hearts, they actually tasted quite nice, it was sort of metallic with a chew.
I liked the way it was not overly seasoned so you can appreciate how they taste.
The sides were good for complimenting and I like the way you are given the sauces etc like the mayo, ketchup avocado etc.
Overall, I was really impressed with this visit and will probably go back for the salt cod stew.
The waitress was really helpful especially on the food because most staff just read from the menu when you ask what the dish is.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...