Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Mussels in blue cheese sauce at Cheese and Fizz

I love fine cheese as well as French food so I don't know how I missed this place at Brixton Village.
Spotted it after eating nearby when the place was not to busy so made a visit a week later to try it.
There were so many things I wanted to try like fondue, mac and cheese, mussels etc.
The person there was really helpful and frank about the everything which helped me to decide.
Ordered the open baguette and a side of mussels however when I saw how good it was from the person next to me I changed it to a full portion.
The baguette was good as expected, the tomato ketchup wasn't needed because I felt mustard would be a better compliment.
The mussels were the star of the show as expected because they use fresh mussels which are soft and springy.
The blue cheese sauce was lush and the baguette slices were perfect for mopping it up.
Will definitely be coming back to try the other dishes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...