Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Sael by Jason Atherton

 Jason Atherton's restaurants are everywhere, not just UK.

I tried a few of his restaurants in ASIA so couldn't wait to try this latest one because it is all things British as they source from the UK which is just what we need.
There are just not enough English restaurants these days so I am glad I have this on my list.
The item that caught my eye was the Marmite custard with optional caviar, that was a must for me because I bloody love Marmite!!!

Jason was there so I found out a little more about the restaurant that I wouldn't of known.
The four illustrations on the wall depict the four seasons, the menu reflects the autumn menu with the autumn illustration printed on the back.
Scanning the menu, I was particularly intrigued by this snail ox cheek lasagne which was an interesting pairing.
It turns out that snails are the love of Jason!
Prices are affordable and food comes fast which is impressive.

Started with the marmite custard tart which was exactly what I dreamed of!
Smooth silky savoury custard tart with a marmite kick!
The taste was bold and wasn't shy so it delivered while the caviar takes it to the next level.

Next was the Koffmann potato, black pudding hash, pickled apple.
This was a delicious medley of crispy style confit potato with black pudding and a refreshing pickled apple sauce.

The ember baked crapaudine beetroot, red pepper with fig leaf oil was a sweet pleaser.
Soft and sticky.

The Wood fire port roasted fig, stracciatella and cobnut hummus is a must as cobnuts are in season.
You will be bowled over by the velvety cobnut hummus which is just like hazelnut in taste which is a marriage made with heaven with the sticky sweet fig and creamy stracciatella.

The Orkney scallop, razor clams and smoked leeks were a delight.
It was a succulent tender sweet scallop on a delicious bed of chopped leeks with a crispy crunch and diced razor scallops.

Finished with the lamb doner which was a surprise.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw this and other items on the menu like the maitake skewers and wagyu char siu skewers.
It turns out that it was a lovely pillowy flatbread topped with silky pulled lamb on a cheese swirl and the whole thing was very flavourful with caraway/fennels seeds.

Will definitely be returning very very soon to try other items especially that cheese under my name before it gets super super busy!
Jason has more restaurants up his sleeve this year so Three Darlings will be my next target.
On a side note, I was quite lucky to have an early dinner just before they dimmed the lights for the food photos.




marmite custard tart
Koffmann potato, black pudding hash, pickled apple
ember baked crapaudine beetroot, red pepper with fig leaf oil
Wood fire port roasted fig, stracciatella and cobnut hummus
Orkney scallop, razor clams and smoked leeks

lamb doner




Sael:
1 St James's Market, London SW1Y 4QQ




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...