Saturday, October 23, 2021

Scotch eggs at The Wigmore London

The Wigmore located at The Langham London is famous for its XXL Stovetop Cheese Toastie.
At the moment, they are doing a cheese toastie takeover featuring some guest chefs.
I visited The Wigmore especially for the Scotch eggs and I had a feeling I would like it judging by the food standards from the other restaurants in the Langham group that I have tried.
When I arrived, I was greeted by staff at the entrance who didn't seemed impressed that I was dining by myself but then I was primarily there just to try one thing.
Sat down and observed that many of the XXL Stovetop Cheese Toasties on peoples tables were half eaten which isn't a good sign.
Now to my scotch egg which was described as a Masala spiced scotch-egg on dahl relish on the menu.
I am not too keen on dahl but their scotch egg nailed it for me.
It was two mini scotch eggs filled with quail looking like hedgehogs.
The quail yolk was perfectly runny which was impressive and the crispy vermicelli noodles on the outside were golden.
I loved the way the crispy vermicelli was light and collapses in you mouth without being too hard to cause your upper palate discomfort.
Each bite was so good because the quality sausage meat encasing the quail egg was delicious complemented by the sharp dahl.
This is probably the best dahl I have had because of its sharp moreish notes.
For the photos, no way could I have sliced it in half so neatly but luckily the staff were glad to assist by asking the chef to slice it.
Overall, I was so glad I tried this iconic dish.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...