Saturday, November 06, 2021

Greggs Christmas lunch soup, Vegan festive bake and Christmas finds 2021

Heinz got me craving for their Christmas dinner soup but sadly it was sold out!
Anyway, Greggs has bought back the Christmas lunch soup so I decided to try it.
Overall it was nice but just tasted like your regular vegetable soup with diced smoked bacon, pork sausage, tasty chicken, turkey, sage & onion stuffing and vegetables, blended with a mix of herbs and spices.
I know there are a lot of sprout haters but I felt that it should have sprouts for that complete Christmas dinner feeling.
It would probably not sell as well with sprouts hence the reason it was not added.
Hopefully one day I can get my hands on the Heinz one and I reckon it would be a lot cheaper in a can.



Greggs has been rolling wonderful vegan treats this year with vegan sausage rolls, vegan steak bakes etc and now they even have a vegan festive bake for Christmas.
This year I was greeted with three choices for the festive bake:  Wenzel's, Greggs regular festive or the vegan one.
Wenzel's was the most expensive out of the three so I went for had Greggs vegan festive bake as I have already tried the festive bake last year.
The vegan version was really comforting and I will be having it again soon.
The filling was so good especially the stuffing and tangy cranberries.
The pastry was spot on being light and flaky while the bake was nice and hot.
I felt that the vegan fared better because the regular version was overpowered by the cheese and herbs on the pastry topping.




Other Christmas finds at Greggs:
Vegan Festive slice, Pigs in blankets, Chicken with stuffing, Mince pies, doughnuts etc









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...