Friday, November 26, 2021

The best Traditionally inauthentic ramen at Supa Ya Ramen

I discovered this TRADITIONALLY INAUTHENTIC ramen through a newspaper article which aroused my interest to go because of their crazy creations (Shown further down report).

Somehow, I fell in love with their interesting pairings, the logo too because it is inspired by English Pot noodles and the name is also like Batchelors super noodles hence Supa Ya Ramen.
Even though it is not traditional, the ramen pictures look crazily good.
Supa Ya started off serving ramen in his home and finally opened in Sept 2021.
It is located in Dalston (East London) on the high street with not much about.

After seeing that article, I was really excited so tried it on Wednesday.
Got there at 8pm and couldn't believe my eyes when it was fully seated with a queue outside.
The wait was going to be about 30-45 minutes.
The interesting thing, is that they kept the front doors locks, only opening the door to let people in and out.

What surprised me even more was the cramped seating, I saw 3 tables of 2 and there was 9 people in total because it was two people against the wall facing one person.
It was so cramped that the staff did not have much room to stand.

I finally got seated at 8:35 and ordered ASAP as I knew what I want.
Visited the loo and saw jars and jars of their homemade pickles and Laogan ma chilli oil which I believe was used for the spicy beef noodle.
On the table, there were wooden chopsticks, metal fork, spoon and a CHINESE CERAMIC SPOON!!!
Anyway, I ordered the Salt & Beef pickles which was chicken soup, house soy, smoked bacon oil, chilli paste, salt beef, supa ya pickles, green onions and fudgy egg.
The noodles arrived at 20:51.
They looked consistently same as the photos.
Tried the broth first which was really strong and spicy. it tasted familiar just like these Sichuan beef noodles I had at Wanchai Deng G also served with an egg.
I really really liked because of the chilli and then you have the pickles, the salt beef slices were soft and tasty.
The egg was nicely done with a soft starchy yolk inside.

Overall, the ramen was really good and tasty in all dimensions and to my surprise, their ramen is made in house like fresh pasta!
For dessert I had instant noodle ice cream which savoury and sweet with crispy noodles.





queue


the 40 minute queue



Menu creations:
CHEESEBURGER RAMEN, Breakfast Bacon, sausage and cabbage Tantamen, bacon oil ramen, Bacon n Eggs ( a bit like hk chan daan noodle), English Cumberland sausage Dan Dan noodles, Prawn head, miso and iberico pork fat soup etc.












RAMEN night at topcuvee









Shop: Supa Ya Ramen  Date visited: 24/11/2021 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...