Monday, November 22, 2021

Traditional afternoon tea for one at Tea and Tattle

Although I've had countless swanky afternoon teas, I do like traditional back to basics afternoon teas involving finger sandwiches, scones and modest plain Jane English cakes.
This led me to Tea and Tattle where they serve just that for £19 which includes a tea and lemonade.
It is a small tea room located inside a book store opposite The British Museum.
Inside the tea room, it is nice and cosy with a some carnations in a vase on each table.
Without further ado I had the tea set for one.
Strangely, I could hear the microwave in use a few times but what on earth for as there is nothing warm or hot to be served.
Anyway, my tea arrived first and then the food so the tea gets cold quickly.
For simplicity, they serve it without the strainer as it has already been strained.
It was the Earl Grey, but perhaps I had a bad batch because it was really different and peppery compared to other Earl Greys I have had.
Lemonade was the last to arrive or I would have taken a picture of it all together.
On the upper plate, I was served the following finger sandwiches:
Ham with Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise and Tomato sandwich
Cream cheese, chives and cucumber
Tuna Mayonnaise cucumber
Egg mayonnaise and chives
On the lower plate was scones with strawberry black pepper jam/plum jam and carrot cake.
The sandwiches were nicely executed and tasted how it should and it was good that you could really taste the chives.
Moving on the scones, these were what captivated me because the way they are served is unique with a layer of clotted cream and the jam in the middle.
THERE WERE KNIVES & FORKS ON THE TABLE WHICH IS A NO NO.
YOU DON'T EAT SCONES WITH A KNIFE AND FORK WHICH I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL PEOPLE DO!
The scones were really good as expected while the cake just tasted like a supermarket cake.
Finishing off with the lemonade, I found it rather sweet yet it tasted like a sherbet lemon so it was quite comforting.

Overall, I would really recommended this especially the scones so I will probably come for scones another time with a different tea.

NOTE: This review is not affiliated or in anyway endorsed with Tea and Tattle but was self paid out of my pocket.

Tea and Tattle:
41 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3PE







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...