Sunday, September 11, 2022

Mala Hot pot ramen from Bone Daddies by Two Hot Asians

Recently found out about this ramen collab by Bone Daddies x Two Hot Asian's featuring this Mala Soup with tempura prawns, fish balls, soy egg, ginger, spring onion, coriander, and black hakata noodles.
Previously Two Hot Asian's did a collab with Super Ya Ramen but it was a set with a bowl of ramen and two sides so I skipped it.
The new collab named Mala Soup at Bone Daddies was really captivating with black hakata noodles.
Described as a ramen with mega flavour with Szechuan notes, a rich tomato base and a good kick of chilli heat.
I paid a visit to the Victoria branch of Bone Daddies for the Mala Hot Pot Ramen.
At each table, there are jars of hair bands which is really thoughful so that you can tie your hand back.
When the ramen was brought over, the bowls are really hot to keep the ramen hot so you have to becareful not to touch it.
Overall, it was not a bad ramen, I loved the colour of the black Hakata noodles but they were a little too soft for my liking.
The broth itself was very spicy which I was prepared for because on my previous visit, the dan dan broth was also very spicy, however I couldn't quite taste the tomato except for a sweet aftertaste.
The fishballs were just the usual Asian fish balls but shaped differently and they were consistently sweet like the Asian ones.
To my surprise, the tempura prawn turned out to be the star of show with an intense prawn flavour which came through even with the coating and spicy soup that it was in.
Overall, I am glad I tried this but overall I found the noodles too soft and the aftertaste too sweet.





Earlier this year, I also dined at the SOHO branch of Bone daddies for the tantanmen which was way too spicy for my tastebuds.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...