Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Good old pancakes at My Old Dutch Pancakes

I love pancakes especially the basic ones for Pancake day with lemon and sugar.
At My Old Dutch, they do savoury and sweet pancakes just like the French galettes, both which I can relate to because they are similar to our Pancakes.
As well as the Europeans, you will find many regional variations like Ethiopian injera American pancakes which are cakey.
You can think of it like pancake/crepe based pizza or wraps in other cuisines.
It was really hard choosing a pancake out of all those choices but on my first visit, I went for the salmon.
Usually I have a savoury followed by sweet because I find pancakes not that filling but at My Old Dutch Pancakes, you will find them rather filling hence I need to revisit to try others.
Their pancakes are 15 inches and served on a massive plate which makes them look even bigger but I suppose size matters and matters even more when they are delicious.
The salmon and creamy dill sauce was just fantastic with the soft pancake but I felt that the little button mushrooms were not as earthy in taste as they could be.
They tasted like canned mushrooms but apparently they are fresh according to the staff.
Went back again and tried the English Breakfast pancake which had mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes.
Although the bacon wasn't appealing and didn't look like regular English back bacon, it was surprisingly crisp with a good salty flavour.
I felt that it lacked a sausage but overall the combo of juicy tomatoes and bacon was nice.
Even on the third visit, I still had trouble deciding as there were so many I haven't tried.
Ended up having the chilli con carne because I wanted something filling and again it did not disappoint.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...