Monday, September 19, 2022

Vegan vegetarian fix at Govinda

Discovered Govinda while I was at Oxford Street, it is one of those side streets that you would take to Leicester Square.
Govinda serves vegetarian and vegan Indian thalis, salads and sweets at really friendly prices.
It is really interesting, there is a guy there who is some sort of security that stops people using the toilet I guess.
Anyway, there was no hesitation trying this place because of the friendly prices reflected in the queues.
I liked the canteen style where you can see all the lovely lassis and drinks at the cabinet and the curries, then you have the sweet and cakes near the till.
Buttermilk is a rarity so that was the first item I placed on my tray.
Moving on to the mains, it was tempting to get a Thali but I decided to have a light lunch and had the creamy paneer and yellow rice so I could leave some room for dessert.
On a second visit, I had the berry lassi.
The creamy paneer with peas and rice was simply delicious and comforting, the curry paneer was soft and tasty without any heat in this delicious tomato based sauce accompanied by the fluffy rice.
Moving on to the drinks, the buttermilk is an acquired taste, it is hard explain how it tasted but it was savoury spiked with spices.
The berry lassi was very soothing but rather sweet with bits of blended berries in it.
As for the cake, the cake part was moist and rich but the frosting was too heavy for my liking.
Overall, another option for a comforting quick fix when I am in the area.
















.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...