Sunday, October 06, 2024

Café François at Borough Yards.

Café François Borough Market a laid back version of Maison Francois with a restaurant and deli.
The restaurant serves some of the popular items from Maison Francois like the moules flatbread, steak tartare etc but they are some additional new things like the rotisserie chicken, plat du principals and soft shell banh mi.
Expect to find authentic French as well as some English inspired items like the egg cress roll and seafood cocktail roll.
It feels like a top notch pret a manger at the deli but in a good way.
Having loved Maison Francois, I knew I was going to like Cafe Francois.
There was a good spread at the deli from savoury to sweet and everything I had delivered.
Although there were many fancy sandwiches, I opted for the jamon beurre a true French Classic with ham and butter.
The bread had a good chew to it filled with quality tasty salted butter, cornichons with a good punch and quality jamon ham.
The next savoury item was the Salmon Feuilleté.
As well as the beautiful smoked salmon, there was a dreamy veg truffle paste of leeks and leaves.
For dessert I had the pistachio Eclair.
Looking flat it was actually filled with pistachio creme which was light and dreamy. 
The eclair was topped with Caramelized pistachio which were tasty, you could taste the pistachio as well as the caramelized sugar.
The sweetness balance was perfect.
Literally, the best eclair I have had in a while.
I appreciate the way the Éclair base was not sweetened.
Also tried the strawberry eclair which is something I would not normally choose because of artificial strawberry flavouring and again it delivered so money well spent.
Overall 10/10 to the Exec Pastry Chef Jeremy Prakhin.

Revisited and dined at the restaurant where I had the sexy frogs legs.
It's not the first time I've eaten frogs legs but first time having them fried as they are usually braised or pan fried.
For those who haven't had them before, they taste the same as chicken wings but softer and more delicate.
Overall, they were nice but the coating was too salty and over powering that I felt like I was just eating fried chicken wings from a chicken shop of good quality.
The ravigote sauce that came with it is a bit like tartare sauce with gherkins.
Again, because the coating is too flavourful there was not much use for the sauce.
Finished with the moules flatbread but I felt that it was not as good as Maison Francois as it was a bit oily and stale.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...