Wednesday, October 16, 2019

[Review] Eastbourne's First Cat Cafe

I was so excited when I heard about the first ever cat cafe that was going to open in Eastbourne.


Eastbourne has always been the Victorian seaside town for holiday makers and nothing much has changed until the recent years.
If it had been twenty years ago, the idea would have been strange as every household would have a cat or dog.
Even when I told my friends I was going to a cat cafe in Eastbourne, they were quite amused but I love cats.

In Hong Kong I have been to numerous cat cafes, rabbit cafes and even reptile cafes but the one in Eastbourne was definitely more exciting being in my home town serving tea and English cakes etc.
In Greece, cats roam freely while in Japan, there is a cat island!!

Entry fee is only 5GBP at the moment.
There are other cat cafes in UK but as a Eastbourner I felt that I had to visit this first.
There is also one in Shoreditch called Lady Dinxx which charges 1xGBP entry fee.
Some might query about the entry fee which is quite reasonable because some Cat Cafes in Hong Kong charge a minimum spend per person but the food they serve is terrible while the place is not comfy with tables close to each other or tatami sitting style where you have to take your shoes off.

I was really lucky to be in town and having not made an appointment, I tried my luck as a walk in customer early in the morning while it was still quiet.
When you enter, there is a double door so that the cats don't get out by accident.

Once you are inside, there are lots of comfy sofas.



At the far end there is a food menu and a cake cupboard and at the entrance there are some nostalgic sweets.



As soon as I sat down I was surrounded by cute kitties.

Looking at the menu, there was a good variety of hot drinks, cakes, sandwiches etc.
Having just had breakfast, I just got the tea.

It was really good that the menu was reasonably priced.

They place a wooden spatula on the table after you have ordered.


Overall, I had a lovely time being there with cats and meeting cat lovers so I am definitely coming back.


If you're lucky, you might get a cat falling asleep on your lap.


The Mad Catter Cafe:
7 Station Parade, Eastbourne BN21 1BE

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Wc60mXhTI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...