Saturday, October 29, 2022

New Pot Pie soup from M&S Cafe

For autumn, M&S Cafe have this new Chicken Pot Pie Soup (£4.95) which is basically soup with a piece of puff pastry on top.
It's not the first time I've had soup with pastry on top but coming from Marks and Spencers I had to give it a try.
When it came, it was literally a bowl of soup with a piece of puff pastry on top.
It was so different to the ones I've had before where the pastry is draped on to the bowl and baked in the oven.
Anyway, it was a little disappointing as the pastry and soup were like separate identities and a roll was missing which I found out when someone else ordered it.
The puff pastry was a really rigid hard one with a strong crisp texture, it was like a stale croissant that still holds its shaped reheated for that crisp texture.
The chicken soup I believe are the ones they sell in the chilled section but sadly I found it too salty.
Although I was disappointed with the chicken soup, I definitely recommended the turkey soup because I bought the chilled one and it tasted amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...