Saturday, October 29, 2022

Ackee and saltfish

Ackee is everywhere in the Jamaican cuisine so how could I not try it.
I decided to try the Ackee and saltfish as you are more likely to get chunks of it to taste whereas it gets mashed up in the patties.
Unfortunately, you won't find fresh ackee in the UK so it is likely that it came from a can.
My first impression of Ackee and I simply love it, the texture and taste is creamy which makes it versatile for anything so I plan to buy a can of ackee soon.
I would say the texture is really creamy and melts in your mouth.
Although ackee is a fruit and related to lychee, the texture is nothing like lychee with a really delicate texture.
It is so delicate that, it just breaks into smaller pieces when you run your spoon in the dish.
When I asked to see their ackee in the stew, I knew I had to get it because you could see it was still chunky and I did not regret.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...