Friday, October 21, 2022

White pudding at Mary's Cafe

White pudding on the menu is scarce and not popularly known hence you will only find it at expensive restaurants or in Ireland!
Mary's Cafe is a rare gem in London that serves it in their Big Irish Breakfast hence the journey there to try it.
I ordered the Big Irish and changed the hash browns for bubble and I am so glad I did because I liked the way they put spinach leaves in it.
The bubble was nice and fluffy but the sausage was a bit too fatty for my liking as you can literally see a piece of fat in the sausage.
Moving on to the white pudding, I would say it is very different to black in terms of texture which is more bouncy and meatier with lots of spices.
It was like eating a meatloaf/stuffing.
Dessert ended nicely with the jam roll, it was similar to a suet pudding and delicious with proper custard.
Unfortunately, I didn't try them in the summer because they have jelly and ice cream.
Overall, a must visit because it is one of those old cafes that you can appreciate the decor and seating etc.



Jam roll pudding:





Mary's Cafe, Camberwell:








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...