Sunday, October 23, 2022

Pandan coconut drink and the signature chicken curry with egg puff at Old Chang Kee

I have been meaning to try Old Chang Kee which is famous for its curry puffs.
Finally made an effort to try one lunch time because they had my favourite pandan drink.
After queuing for a while I was served but sadly that day they ran out of ice so I didn't bother with the food and went back another day.
Their social media team were very helpful and responded unlike some other restaurants where they don't and assured me they would have it the very next day and offered a free drink on my next visit.
As a pandan fan, I went the very next day as I couldn't wait and had the curry puff with egg as well.
It is best to visit after 1:45 when the queue dies down.
Their curry puffs are basically like Jamaican patties and Cornish Pasties filled with chicken curry and a wedge of egg.
Overall, it makes a nice filler in the afternoon and doesn't break the bank.
Next to the star of the show was the my favourite pandan drink, it was really impressive as it was not too sweet with smooth sago and grass jelly.
The crushed ice is definitely essential as it balances out he heavily of the creamy coconut.
Will certainly return and try the mala chicken puff.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...