Thursday, November 10, 2022

Cuttlefish tagliarini at Trullo

Trullo is one of those restaurants where you have to check their menu every day to see if there is anything exciting and seize the opportunity which does not guarantee success because they are always fulled booked.
Over summer they had these amazing chilled soups like almond and cherry, almond and melon but sadly I didn't make it as I didn't want to waste a visit if it was full.
I had a back-up restaurant but it went according to plan which is typical.
I have been eyeing this cuttlefish tagliarini which has been on the menu for a few weeks now.
Before I tried it, I was wondering if it was going to be black from the ink but it wasn't.
Anyway, it was definitely worth my visit as you can really taste the fishyness of the cuttlefish in the pasta and the cuttlefish pieces were so soft from being slow cooked.
Some cuttlefish pieces were a bit mushy but still nice.
Also from the close ups, it makes me wonder what those hairy bits are in the close up being herbs or cuttlefish.
It turns out that they are anchovies which worked well wonderfully as you have that cuttlefish fishyness and then you get the saltiness from the anchovies.
Again, a spoon is needed to finish the lovely sauce.

Previously, I dined at Trullo for dinner in the summer where I had the Spinach Tagliarini with nettles. You could visually see more sauce on this but the yolk was smaller compared to Padella.
As for the taste, I felt that the Spinach tagliarini tasted better than Padella because the flavours and saltiness were balanced and there was more sauce.
I was still hungry so I had Tagliarini with chopped mussels, chilli, garlic, and wild oregano.
To my surprise it tasted to my liking so I was really impressed and the taste was so moreish because of the lemon which was not stated on the menu.
However, it appears that it does contain Almafi lemon on their 2019 post on instagram.
The sauce was so good that I needed a spoon to finish the sauce and chopped up mussels.


The only thing I was not impressed was the optional but not so optional donation and if you are a walk in customer it really depends on who serves you that determines whether you get to dine there or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...