Thursday, November 10, 2022

Fresh dumplings from Baxfood Caribbean

On my first visit to BAXFOOD Caribbean I was captivated by the filled dumplings.
You can choose Jerk meat or tofu mushroom so I got the tofu mushroom as not many places offer that.
Basically it was like a savoury donut sliced in half and filled with Jerk.
It was really tasty with the tofu puffs and mushrooms but I found it quite spicy.
I managed to get to sample their festival and oxtail with butterbeans which were so delicious.
Somehow I had a craving for their dumplings so went back.
Most dumplings that you see are already fried and sitting there until you buy them.
I was really surprised that the dumplings are fried to order at Baxfood.
Having them straight from the fryer tastes very different.
They are soft when they are hot and as they cool down they have a chew to them, this time I had it a non Jamaican way with melted Camembert and it was so good.
The dumplings on their own taste savoury and there is a unique taste that I cannot describe but it was nice.

Baxfood Caribbean
1 Whytecliffe Rd S, Purley CR8 2AY
It was really tasty with the tofu puffs and mushrooms but I found it quite spicy.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...