Thursday, May 18, 2023

Pie Mash Liquor and eels from G Kellys on Roman Road

A few years ago, there used to be two branches of G Kellys I believe, one at Bethnal green and one on Roman Road.
Finally paid G Kelly a visit because I was dining at Randolfi's next door.
Since I was rather full, I only had the jellied eels and some liquor.
Luckily, I came across their pie mash again in Stevenage because The Cornish Pantry serves them there and they even give you a spoon as well as a knife and fork.
The pie is what you would expect, a chewy pie pastry and then inside you have this rich dark coarsely minced beef.
It was quite salty and so was the liquor.
The liquor was really nice as you could taste the eel in it too.
Overall, I am so glad I tried it.
 










G Kellys
Roman Road





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...