Thursday, May 18, 2023

The famous Laksa from Phat Phuc

I have been meaning to try the famous Laksa from Phat Phuc which is an outside noodle bar Hawker style.
It has been difficult because it is hard to find and off my radar.
Finally went one afternoon when I had no schedule.
The noodle bar was literally located in a courtyard outside in a shed like building, the seating was in the courtyard.
Luckily, there was tent to shade diners from the elements.
The menu at Phat Phuc is simple, it was just Laksa with rice noodles or egg noodle, Pho and snacks.
I ordered the Prawn Laksa which was only £10 so I added extra beef for only £1 extra.
Traditional laksa does not contain beef which is why I ordered it for fun and it turned out really nice while the prawns were a little bit mushy nearer the head.
I am not quite sure what beef it was but it was tender and lean as well as fresh and they were really generous and gave me so many slices!!
It was garnished with these lovely fresh Vietnamese herbs which took the noodles to the next level.
Overall, the laksa was quite nice but the prawn flavour in the broth was not strong as anticipated although the sweetness of the coconut was there.
The noodles were nice but didn't quite absorb the broth.
I believe it was not at its best because looking at other photos the broth is less opaque.
Anyway, definitely worth trying because it feels like Asia and it does not break the bank.










Phat Phuc:
151 Sydney Street Courtyard, London SW3 6NT England




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...