Thursday, July 27, 2023

Asteroid City diner pop up

Although I have not watched Asteroid City, as a foodie I had to go to the Asteroid City diner pop up which has a 1950s theme serving diner style food.
I didn't know you could just go to the diner without going to the exhibition so I ended up going to the exhibition as well.
The menu is limited and not what is offered on the board but they do have milkshakes, hot dogs etc.
Ordered the pancakes with bacon, hot dog, jello, tomato juice and gooseberry milkshake.
I was actually looking forward to the gooseberry milkshake which is unusual and it made me wonder if it was even American.
Overall, I enjoyed the jello and gooseberry swirl milkshake.
The jello is just jelly topped with whipped coconut cream where you can really taste the coconut in the cream.
I have a feeling it was made with Hartley's jelly!
As for the milkshake, it was different and the tartness of the gooseberry went well with the vanilla ice cream.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...