Thursday, July 06, 2023

Moule frites enough for two for £12.50 at Del Boy’s Salt Beef Bar


I was at Tooting Market to get something when I spotted someone having Moule Frites which turns out to be from Del Boy’s Salt Beef Bar which specializes in meats.
Anyway, decided to give it ago after my shopping.
Priced at £12.50, I didn't have any expectations but the mussels the person had looked good and the portion looked good enough for two and to be precise it looks like a 1kg pot!
The mussels took quite a while to arrive compared to other places I've had it.
When it arrived, there was so much mussels in the pot, the sauce was beyond piping hot.
I felt that the mussels were a bit over cooked as they could have been springier, normally I don't complain about food being too hot but in this case, the sauce is so hot that while you eat, the other mussels in the pot are getting cooked further by the latent heat.
I think I can hazard a guess that they just boiled the mussels in the pot hence the reason it took so long.
Usually, the mussels are tossed about until the shells open.
To be fair, the sauce and mussels were not bad, quite a few of them had a beard (byssus) and there are quite a few cracked shells which you have to be careful but £12.50 is seriously good if you are not fussed and better than some places.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...