Tuesday, July 04, 2023

My first and best Tantuni at Durak Tantuni

Last week when I was out and about, I spotted this new restaurant chain from Turkey offering Tantuni so as a foodie I had to find out what it was.
Tantuni comes from Mersin city, it is meat served with parsley and raw onions, sumac and tomatoes.
There are quite a few places in London but I chose to try my first ever Tantuni at Durak Tantuni which is in the middle of no where especially when I don't live in that area but since I was having lunch in Farringdon, it was easy to travel there.
The nearest tube station is Turnpike Lane Station where it is a 10 minute walk or three stops on the bus.
Arriving at Durak Tantuni, I was greeted with a counter where you could see the meat in the pan looking moist, chopped salads etc.
I asked to see a menu and was told that Tantuni was the only item they serve which cost £4 each.
Having had lunch, I only ordered one to start.
The guy did his magic, he put the wrap literally on top of the meat to moisten it with the meat juices until it was evenly covered, then he filled it with the meat, parsley and raw onions.
The pan was literally where he wrapped it all up!!!!!
There was tomato as well but I didn't fancy any because I wanted the parsley to be more prominent.
When it was served, there was a plate of lemon and chillis which I wasn't sure if it was charged but there were so many lemon piece to my delight because I love it super acidic which makes it appetizing.
Taking, a bite the Tantuni was just as delicious as imagined, meaty pieces, refreshing lemon, grassy parsley and crunchy onions so every mouthfeel was heaven.
For every bite, I squeezed a wedge of lemon which made me hungrier hence ordering another one.
The wrap was soft and thin like the ones they use at GDK and tastes like a lahmacun which also has the same ingredients but not wrapped up.
At Durak, they use lamb shoulder meat which is tender and juicy, again it was good quality meat as you don't see or chew on some nasties like fat, sinew or bones. 
Overall, I was so glad I went all the way to try this because it was my first and best tantuni.

#ssgyum
@duraktantunisalonu
Durak Tantuni
390 W Green Rd, London N15 3PX













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...