Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Fish & Chips in Shoreditch

I am not sure if Shoreditch Fish and Chips is new but I don't seem to remember seeing this joint a few years ago.
Inside, I love the decor with the London Street signs and red phone booth on the wall.
The menu has most your chippie items but they did not have cod roe but then I believe it is going out of fashion these days as people want to eat healthier.
Anyway, I settled for a fishcake with chips because I wasn't that hungry.
The fishcake tasted like it was made by themselves because the chunks of fish were quite coarse and it was seasoned with herbs like oregano that you don't normally find in fishcakes.
Perhaps it was too good for my liking as I was looking for more of an old school style fishcake which is floppy and has less coating.
Apart from that the chips were fried to perfection as they were blonde which is how chips should be in a chippy.
Also tried a bit of my friends haddock and the batter was beautifully light and crispy while the fish inside was good.
Overall, I satisfied my chips craving.







Shoreditch Fish and Chips:
117 Redchurch Street, Shoreditch, London E2 7DL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...