Friday, August 20, 2021

Second Best Chippy on Tripadvisor: Fishcotheque

A few years ago I spotted this fish and chip shop in Waterloo called the Fishcotheque and made a mental note to visit but obviously I forgot about it.
I was recently at Waterloo again so paid a visit to Fishcotheque which is now rated the second best London chippy on Tripadvisor.
Prices are cheaper for takeaway and there is a service charge dining in even though it says "service charge MAY be charged".
Anyway, I decided to dine it because I like dowsing my chips in salt and vinegar.
All their chips are fried to order because you can see a big strainer of chips by the fryer.
I only had the chips because I wanted see how good their chips was so I had the small.
When they arrived, there was a lovely chips smell as well as a fishy aroma which gives it that delicious authentic chippie taste.
The colour was perfectly blonde with no browning and veins and chip size was uniform with a few super long ones.
Good chips are when it soaks the salt and vinegar and gives that moreish salt and vinegar kick followed by a silky potato centre which almost melts into a silky potato liquid in your mouth!
Overall, it was good but the exterior of the chip was a bit dry with a chew like wafers that had gone off but I believe it was because the chips got dehydrated sitting in the strainer until it was ordered to be fried.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...