Sunday, August 15, 2021

Value rice special at Chicken Hut, Ilford

While I was Ilford, my eyes were drawn to this Value rice special for which was only £1.99.
I had my doubts on the quality but then I changed my mind when I thought to myself that I was willing to pay £3 for something so why not try it.
Before I tried, it did cross my mind why it wasn't expensive but then their wings and chips was only £1.50 respectively.
When I got the value rice, it was almost the same as the product shot which wasn't bad.
I tried the rice first and was impressed how flavourful the rice was.
It turns out they were really smart and used the chicken drummettes and chicken bones to make broth and cook the rice with it along with cardamon to make the rice tasty.
You can think of it like the KFC gravy flavoured with chicken oil so I reckon they boiled the rice with the chicken bone stock as I found some chicken which looked like it had been boiled.
The good thing was that it was actually good and you could taste it was from fresh chicken.
Moving on to the chicken wings, they were a bit dry but in terms of flavour the coating was super spicy.
Overall, it wasn't bad for that price and there was so much rice that it was probably good enough for two.
Rating: 4/5











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...