Tuesday, December 10, 2019

[Review] The Electric Cafe and its electrifying fry ups

If I had not taken the bus I would not have spotted this must try place for breakfast.
The Electric Cafe has this old charm as it has been here since the 1920s when it used to be called The Electric Rooms.


Went here another day purposely to try their fry ups.
I took the train to Tulse Hill as it would be quicker than the bus but went the wrong way after I got out the station which took me some time getting there.
Finally got there and was greeted by a really friendly guy behind the counter.

As you can imagine, an English breakfast is everything so it took me a while to decide what to order.
In the end, I had mushrooms, beans, black pudding, egg, bacon, chips and bubble.
Normally I don't order chips but the chips here are hand cut.

The breakfast was just flawless especially the fried egg which was silky, every element was good.
It turns out that they use St Nichols Baked beans which are smaller in size and not as sweet as the other brands so I loved it.
Close up of Bubble:

The decor at The Electric Cafe will take you back in time and I love the window veils at the front.








Strangely, this is a much raved about fry up featured on most London guides yet there are not many reviews on this cafe.
Overall, this place is a must go if you are in the area with friendly service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...