Saturday, December 07, 2019

[Review] Lovely pies at Young Vegans

I have heard of Young Vegans a lot but didn't really know it was a pie shop until recently.
When I found out that they served Vegan pie and mash decided to give it a visit.

The shop is easily missed because it is right at the back but the good thing is that they have a few seats inside and there are tables outside.




Seitan and ale or the Aussie vegan mince pies were my main choices because pies with gravy are usually beef.
According to their insta, the steak is seitan while the Aussie vegan uses mince.

Unfortunately when it was my turn to order, both the labels for these pies were turned over so I thought they would not refill them so I ordered the Cheeseburger instead.
Other pies that were available were the Chick'n Katsu, Chick'n parmigiana and the Sweet and sour chick'n.

When I got my pie, it was satisfying to see it drizzled with gravy and topped crisp onions.
Instead of mash, I had mac and cheese.

Although it was not the pie of my choice, the cheeseburger was actually delicious because of the flavours like gherkin and cheese inside but the seitan beef patty let it down a bit because the texture was rather rubbery as it was all compacted into one patty.

The vegan mac and cheese was quite comforting in the sense that it was creamy and cheesy yet light.
 
It was good that they serve tea but it wasn't very full.

After I finished my pie, decided to go in and look at the menu again but to my surprise the pies were refilled so I was a bit gutted that they didn't tell people they were going to be refilled.
Saying that the cheeseburger pie wasn't bad so I didn't make a wrong choice.




To summarize, I would definitely recommend their pies and the flavours really blend in nicely as they have taken popular pub favourites like sweet and sour and put it in a pie.

Young Vegan:
60 Camden Lock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...