Saturday, December 14, 2019

Food crawl at Seven Dials Market, London

Street food has been taking the storm in UK for years now like the Borough Market.
Enter Seven Dials Market which is a spacious modern foodhall which equips independent businesses with permanent fixtures while there is a comfortable hall for people dine in.


There are two floors, the street level one features a Monty's deli, club Mexicana and The cheese bar with the world's first cheese conveyor belt restaurant.


On the lower ground floor you have pasta, Asian food etc.




To summarize, depending on how successful the restaurants are, you might find restaurants coming and going quite fast just like other food courts/halls.
During covid, it was frustrating trying to dine there because you had to scan a code.
However, you can go in as you please now but not the same for boxpark which still needs a code.
The only thing I dislike about food courts and halls is the noise.

The latter restaurants appealed to me so I dined there for dumplings, Mumbai Toast and pandan puff.
My first stop was yum buns because the dumplings looked good.
There were so many dumplings choices so I went for the mushroom as not places have it and the fact that it was drizzled with chive oil.
At first, it smelled like garlic baguette but it actually tasted really nice especially with all that mushroom in it.





Next stop was NaanStop express for the mumbai toast which was a bit disappointing because I found it a bit bland but the cheese was amazing.
The Dahi Vada would have been a better choice.





Third stop was ong ong buns for the pandan puff because I simply love pandan.
As I was full, I had that at home.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...