Friday, December 06, 2019

[Review] The Poutinerie

Poutine is a classic Canadian dish of French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.
I have had numerous poutine in Hong Kong that were fake except New York Fries which sadly closed down because the market there just doesn't appreciate this kind of dish.

Anyway, I love Poutine because I just love chips with gravy, curry sauce etc.

The Poutinerie is a mobile stall that operates in London four days a week with a different location each day.
It has been difficult for me to try and catch them as I am always on the go to try different places to eat.
There were four current locations: Victoria, Brick Lane, Wentworth and Chancery Lane.
Locations vary each week but Brick Lane and Victoria are usually on their schedule but still it was hard to go on the right day.

Victoria would probably be the best place but I went for the difficult choice when they were on Brick Lane.
It was not a good day for me because quite a few tube lines and stations were suspended so I had to go different routes to get there.
Finally made it to Brick Lane and it rained and to add to that, there were millions of other food stalls on Brick Lane as well as the stalls at the Truman Brewery.
Luckily I made it before 3pm and got my poutine.



It was cold that day so it was a race against the time to eat it before it got cold.
As well as poutine they had some delicious rib meat which I asked to have it separated because I wanted to taste poutine on its own.
The poutine was amazing, each chips was covered with delicious gravy and big chunks of cheese curds which were rather rubbery but then they would be in this cold weather.


The pulled rib meat was soft and delicious which was complimented fantastically by The Rib Man Holy Fuck Sauce which was fiery.

It is hard to describe the sauce because it is very different to chili, the spiciness does not linger yet it makes a loud statement.

Overall, I would definitely recommend The Poutinerie and hope to see them at any Boxpark or Camden because there will be seating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...