Monday, August 15, 2022

Cherry bomb doughnut from doughnut time

Doughnut time has all these wonderful OTT doughnuts that stop you when you go past but somehow I didn't really get the impulse to get one because of the flavours
I almost got the Jubilee ones because of the rhubarb cream glaze but somehow I missed out but didn't spot anything that captivated me lately until the cherry bomb.
The cherry bomb was unique because the doughnut was marble with red velvet layers and filled with cherry jam.
It wasn't a bad doughnut but I felt that the doughnut itself let it down as the texture was more like a soft bun that was not yeasty or bready.
Otherwise the jam filling was good and the red white layers were amazing.
Overall, I felt that it was overpriced.
Although it was not my cup of tea, I went back for the plain doughnut ring which was much more pleasing.
A bit pricey for 3.50 considering you can get other nice plain ones for less.












Plain sugar ring doughnut:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...