Thursday, August 18, 2022

Greek and Asian style skewers at The Skewer Club

Spotted this joint accross the road while I was waiting for the bus.
At first it didn't captivate me because I thought it was going to be some Turkish style meat skewers but as a foodie it is always good having an open mind so I decided to have a look.
To my surprise, it was much more exciting than it seemed because they do skewers with an Asian Greek twist and it is a newly opened hence the current introductory prices.
The menu encourages you to build your skewer box with steps by choosing a skewer, a side, salad and then a sauce so I thought the meal was going to be served in a box.
I liked the menu choices as there was something good in every section that you would want to choose more than one option.
In the skewers section, you have Greek meatballs, squid and even halloumi and tofu for vegetarian all marinated with an Asian twist.
The sides ranged from fries, wild rice to couscous.
Then the salads options had so many options like Greek salad, Asian style slaw, fennel and carrot to salad leaves.
You can imagine how hard it was to decide because everything was so good so I got the tofu and squid skewers with wild rice and cabbage slaw.
Everything is served on their own so that the flavours do not get mixed which I really appreciate as you can taste each item properly.
Somehow, I was expecting it all to be in one box because of description skewer box or at least served on a tray or on a Japanese bento style tray with separate compartments.
I was also given the couscous and some sauces to try.
The skewers very tasty and didn't really need the sauces even though the sauces were really good.
The squid was perfectly grilled and flavourful but the tofu was too sweet for my palatte.
Next were the sides and salads which were a delight especially the couscous because you can really taste the dill, parsley as well as the kimchi which was not too spicy.
The kimchi tastes like the ones made by Onggi but I could be wrong.
I liked the wild rice as well because they use the long grain basmati rice and there were chunks of vegetables and cauliflower in it.
Last but not least, I loved their dips especially the caramelized onion and soy which had a nice umami kick to while the ponzu mayo was really refreshing yet creamy which would be good to go with their wonton chips and flat bread.
Will definitely be coming back for more.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...