Thursday, August 04, 2022

Early scallop breakfast at Billingsgate cafe

Most people visit Billingsgate fish market for fresh seafood as they supply wholesale.
Sadly when I visited many years ago for oyster I didn't know about the cafe which serves scallops and other stuff like kipper and fish etc.
Ever since I found about the scallops I have been meaning to go but the cafe closes around 9am so best to get there really early so you have time to enjoy the breakfast.
I really wish I had found out earlier as the prices have increased so much.
Finally made it one day when it was one of those days where you some how wake up really early so I took that opportunity and went by impulse.
Overall, I was so glad I went!!!
Not only did they have scallop breakfasts, they had an amazing selection of teas like apple crumble which come from ASDA!!
More fascinating, I was stunned why there were noodles on the menu so I asked what sort of noodles they were and they said it was Chinese noodles which are available on Monday mornings.
So in a way, it has made me curious to go and check it out sometime but it really takes effort to get up and go there.
Since I was there, I ordered the scallop bacon roll and scallop breakfast all to myself!
The crusty roll was amazing and the scallops were as good as expected, fresh and bouncy.
The bacon was on the dry and hard side though.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...