Saturday, August 13, 2022

The best marriage of English and Carribean meats at BRISKET

Newly opened in the heart of Surrey Street Market is this meat eatery called BRISKET with this which has a lovely elegant logo!
Found out that there was a soft opening so I went to check it out!
I was impressed when I walked in with glass cabinets of all the different meats followed by the salad and then you can get freshly squeezed orange juice as well.
What I liked about the menu is roast meat which has always been part of Sunday roast and here you can have Sunday roast with roast pork belly as well as Carribean style like Jerk chicken.
It was a difficult choice as they had meat boxes with salad or bloomer sandwiches which so many choices.
As it was a hot day I had the meat box and it was superb of them to do me mixed meats so I could try a bit of everything.
The meat box comes with sweet potato mash garnished with crispy onions and gherkins.
Although the restaurant is not fully decorated yet as it is their soft opening, the dining area is really spacious with lots of pic nic style tables so I had my meal there.
Just to summarize, all the meats were fresh and tasty, the jerk chicken thigh was definitely winner with the lovely spices. The pork was also tasty with apple sauce.
Last but not least, the salad at the bottom complemented it really well and it was proper salad and a good hearty coleslaw.
The salad that day was feta and leaves so it was not just any lame salad.
To summarize, they have you all covered with Sunday Roast, sandwiches, boxes and whatever you could possibly want.
I love the way, tea is served because Tea is a must and look forward to the dessert menu as well.

BRISKET
Unit A, 12-19 Surrey Street
Croydon
CR0 1RG

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...