Sunday, June 09, 2024

7ish Hours Smoked Short Ribs at Holy Smoke

Who doesn't love tender rib meat, this is what Holy Smoke does.
It is located under a railway arch in Bow where all the other kitchens are.
Holy Smoke is a little isolated from the other kitchens but directions are clear and there are a few benches nearby.
I had the 7ish Hours Smoked Short Ribs which is described as British breed Short Ribs (half a kilo including the bone) smoked roughly for 7 hours with a side of Homemade Pickled Cucumber & Coffee BBQ Sauce on the side.
Unfortunately, the meat was a bit dry and burnt that day so I may have got a dud portion that day.
What annoyed me was that I got the quantity but not quality.
It was so different to the one someone I knew posted a weekend earlier where the meat was moist and pink.
When I pulled the bone out, there was some blue kitchen towel so I hope there wasn't any more stuck in the meat where I pulled it out.
The thing that baffled me was the guy at the shop said it was edible butchers wrap but it definitely looked more like kitchen towel to me.
The pickles were on the sweet side.
@holy.smokesbarbecue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...