Thursday, June 20, 2024

Ethiopian fare at Addis

I love injera which is a soft fluffy sour tasting Ethiopian pancake eaten with meat and/or vegetables.
This time I went to Addis which is on Caledonian Road where there are many Ethiopian restaurants but Addis is nearer Kings Cross Station hence the reason I dined there. 
I was tempted to leave and go to another Ethiopian restaurant because service was so slow.
I had the Dulet which was finely chopped lamb tripe, liver and red lamb meat cooked with Ethiopian spices.
The injera was served first and it was so soft and fluffy like an English pancake but very sour tasting like there was so much fresh lemon juice in it.
Next came the dulet which I thought was saucy but it was dry.
Overall, I found the dulet too chewy because it was mainly 80% tripe and couldn't find any liver so the other 20% is probably lamb meat.
The injera at this place is definitely the best I've had but probably chose the wrong dish to go with it.
On a side note, the sharing plates are huge!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...