Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Tripe soup at Mahala, Croydon

Mahala is restaurant on the corner of a busy road that I pass all the time.
With a name like that I definitely wouldn't associate it with being Romanian which is what it was.
I was expecting it to be Indian.
This place is so strange as the are no menus outside.
Only found out it was Romanian because someone went there so I had to check it out as I am always eating Eastern European foods.
Visited on a Sunday afternoon and there was a bouncer at the door which is interesting.
Went in and walked over to the bar as all the staff were there so requested a table for 1 but they all seemed perplexed why I wanted to dine there.
Anyway, as an aggressive fearless foodie nothing will stop me!
I already knew what I wanted so had the tripe soup to see how it compares to the ones at mleczko, sadly the chicken livers with mash were sold out.
Also had a roll with the soup which I regretted because it was just a brioche bun.
The tripe soup was ok but lacked depth as all you could taste was garlic and lemon.
Just for fun, I paid the bill in cash to see if they would give change or even the full change, it turns out they gave partial change and felt guilty so gave me the full change! 
Overall, would not return but just to tick the box.







4 comments:

  1. Haha! What an experience! Maybe they launder money by day?? Also, I dont understand the cash experiment. Do they usually not give change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was my first time there but the way they reacted when I entered the restaurant, it wasn't very welcoming. Maybe I gave a funny look when they didnt give the exact change

      Delete
  2. wow, have you been to Saigon Bleu in South Croydon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. been to trullo, Brazil avenida but not Saigon Bleu,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...