Saturday, August 03, 2024

Afghan delights at Afghan , Croydon Boxpark

Finally you can now get some Afghan delights in Croydon without going to Harrow or up North or even the far East like Ilford.
Satisfy your fix at Afghan Caravan at Boxpark and for pastries there is a small bakery in South Croydon.
They have the usual suspects like Mantu dumplings but I had the Chapli Kebab in Fresh Naan.
I was captivated by this because of the chips which look hand cut and fried to order from the colour and the way the surface is different with some wrinkles and gloss.
As expected, it was to my liking.
The chapli kebab was visually like a smashed beef patty but it was not as beefy as I expected which was good and it was green in the middle with a soft texture.
Beneath it was the delicious chips I was looking forward to which were soft and tangy from my favourite sumac.
Along with that, there were pickled onions and all that which made it moreish.
The crispy lamb and caramelized onion bolani was a bit disappointing because it was too soft and the filling was mainly silky mashed potato and not much of the onions or minced lamb hence I would have been better off with the feta and spinach or the leek.
Overall, worth trying.
#ssgcronx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...